Retraining your breathing is like any habit - it takes time ... Here are some pointers on getting started and taking a first successful step to stopping mouth breathing which can dramatically improve your sleep, daytime performance and overall health.
Healthy Sleep Habits
- If you have nasal congestion, use a nasal rinse such as NielMed.
- Avoid stimulants prior to sleep such as caffeine, alcohol, sugar, exercise or overeating.
- Side sleep - sleeping on your back promotes mouth breathing and can block your airway.
- Clear the mind by focusing on a calm breathing pattern for 5 minutes.
Starting with LipSeal Tape
Using LipSeal Tape is an aid to help with this transition- we recommend trying for a minimum of two weeks before determining how it is working.
- Practice first while awake - watching TV, working on computer, reading… (however, keep in mind: experts recommend no screen time at least 30 minutes before bedtime).
- Prior to applying the tape, curl the lips inward and hold together.
- Apply the tape in a horizontal position with the ends curved down (think mustache, not joker smile).
- Use the pull-tab for quick release.
If you have any complications with breathing through your nose, please discontinue use and consult your physician.
Questions, Comments, Feedback?
Please feel free to contact us at anytime and we are happy to help! email@example.com